If we are talking about relationships, sex, or even personal safety then consent is a part of that conversation. This module will explore consent thoroughly, providing you with a deeper understanding of how to approach teaching consent for folk of varying ages, and hopefully also start you on a deeper learning path for your own self-development!
By the end of this module learners will:
- Understand the laws around consent and sex in Canada
- Be able to effectively teach consent to individuals of all ages
- Understand the foundations of consent to sexual contact
- Have a solid understanding of what is and isn’t consent in regards to touch and sexual contact
- Be able to teach others how to support learning around consent and bodily autonomy
- Have a foundational understanding of the challenges we have in our culture, around consent for sexual contact.
- Know how to research your area for local support around consent and sexual assault.